Friday, May 9, 2008

Shipping Home

It took two days to ride through the wet mountains of Colombia into the capital, Santa Fe de Bogota, and a beautiful ride it was. Climbing once again into the Andes, over 12,500 feet, the cool air brings chills down the spine, as memories of six months prior tingle my brain. I have such wonderful feelings for Colombia, it is very exciting to be back. And then I remember why I am going to Bogota; I have no money and I have to fly my bike back home.
I found a company today, Girag, who will ship my bike next week to Miami International. There were no other cargo flights to the Midwest, and so I will be venturing through one more week of culture shock before returning to my home in Kansas City.
I shall spend the weekend with friends in Bogota, while receiving the excellent hospitality from a new friend Michael, out of London, who is also a biker that decided to just stay in South America. Not a bad idea.
So friends, this will be my last blog from South America. Latin America is a wonderful place filled with love and hospitality, of which I shall cherish dearly for the rest of my life. I will take the values that I have learned from my friends on this trip, to try and live with such modesty, patience and empathy. Gracius para todos.