Saturday, March 1, 2008

Different trails...

Yesterday, I received a telephone call from Lou and he asked me whether I wanted to travel with them through the Amazon of Brasil from Iguazu falls after my motorcycle was repaired. I told him I needed to think about it and he agreed to call back later in the day for my answer. The other option was to go alone along the coast through Sao Paulo and Rio up to Belem. This was my plan all along.
So although my heart is with Landon and Lou, my mind would have been constantly wanting the ocean, the culture, the nightlife of Brasil. Not to mention, my bike was still not put back together and they were already two days ahead of me waiting to cross into Brasil.
When Lou called back that afternoon, we were rushed on the Dakar business telephone, and I quickly told him to go ahead and go. Later that day, when the gear box was put back onto the motorcycle, a loud clacking noise was heard as the motor turned. We had to take it back apart and start over.
I have found a few people to travel with through Brasil since then, providing my bike is finished by that time. We are planning to take off north to Iguazu falls on the 13th.
So now, as my bike still sits on her perch of the shop, naked to the world of bikers coming through, we wait patiently for our new path into the Amazon basin.