Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Even on vacation...there are bad days.

After taking a swim in Lake Titticaca and eating a wonderful filet of trout, I was negotiating a price on a painting that I really liked at this cafe. After agreeing on a payment of Peruvian Soles, US dollars and Bolivianers, I turned around to grab my bag, and it was gone. There was no one in the cafe, and somehow, my bag disappeared.
The bag itself was an early Christmas present from my family, waterproof and the best bag that I have ever owned. Inside the best bag ever was my swimsuit, watch, and yes...camera. I have lost all of the pictures from my trip within a blink of the eye.
So I have been through town many times with eyes open, looking for clues. I have gone back to the cafe numerous times and even put up a sign. Tomorrow morning, I am going to get on my bike and ride hard into the south. Bolivia has not been very nice to me, and I am looking forward to smelling the essence of Argentina under my wheels.
It is true, the more things you have, the more annoying it gets to look after them all.