Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sometimes beauty is hard to see...


Walking down the Atlantic beaches of Comodoro Rivadavia with the cool misty brown salt water blowing into my face as flies swarm at my feet covered in sea weed, I find it hard to see the beauty from my situation. The beach is scattered with rubble and pollution in this oil town is blatantly evident. How could my first encounter with the Atlantic on this trip be more memorable?...try the 20 year old girl with four children walking into their four wall ¨home¨amidst the piles of washed up plastic and iron scraps. Completely somber from my experience in Comodoro; my transmission going out and having to ship my bike in the opposite direction of my friends as they leave south to Ushuaia, I indulged into a nice steak dinner. The red meat helped fill my stomach and provide me with the necessary protein that lacks in a one-meal-a-day diet, however, it did not compensate for my redirection.